Sunday was yet another day in which I would walk into a restaurant, use my developing charade skills to signal that I would like a menu, get given the menu, realise that the only thing I could read on the menu was ‘Coca Cola’, order 1 Coca Cola and then point to something else on the menu and hope for the best that something nice came out. It was good. Another successful spin of food roulette. However this blind selection is good in the way that I am trying lots of different meals.
Anyway, the day started pretty well. I got my Uni results- passed everything and now I have graduated. Then I had a ticket to see the Boca Juniors football team play. To give you an idea of how big a deal Sunday was- Boca Juniors are the most popular team in Argentina, they haven’t won a title for 3 years, on Sunday, if they won or drew then they would have accumulated enough points to win the season outright. The Boca Juniors stadium is known as arguably the best stadium in the world to watch a football game because the stands are almost vertical and you are meant to feel about 2 metres from the Pitch. Anyway, combine all of that together- with me lining up for 4 hours with a really rowdy crowd. By this stage I had the T-shirt, the flag and I was ready to rock.
So things don’t always turn out and I missed a pretty cool football match. Believe it or not though, the 4 hours wait in the crowd was pretty fun though because everyone was really rowdy. So I came back home and decided that I would head out to the nearest bar (which was pretty hard to find actually) to watch the game. I walked into this bar, sat down, and would you believe it, it was an American bar. On the biggest football day this year in Argentina, the Americans were there watching grid iron. I admitted defeat, ordered a beer and watched a game which I did not understand. The beer was nice.
But meh- I passed uni and I saw this awesomely dressed dog....today was overall a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment